This module focuses, also through practical activities and reflections, on the art market and its multifaceted applications: looking at visual and performing arts, demand and offer curves, dynamics of prices and markets equilibrium.
Part One: THEORETICAL OVERVIEW
- Visual and performing arts.
- Demand and offer;
- Crucial effects;
- Dynamics of prices;
- Market equilibrium;
- Baumol’s disease;
- Public and private intervention.
Part Two: PRACTICAL FOCUS ON ART MARKET
- Art adviser and gallery manager;
- Art critics;
- Publishing trade;
- Television corporation;
- Artworks: markets, collectors and investors;
- Art investment vs traditional investment;
- Art auctions;
- The theft and falsification of artworks.
Reflection and study skills: where am I going?
Reflection on personal ambitions and plans for work purposes about possible stage/work at auctions, museums, galleries, banks, investment managers, art foundations.
- Focus on blended learning
- Learning oriented assessment: noticing, self assessment, reflection and reviews.