This module is divided into two parts. The first focuses on an overview of the main European institutions such as the European Commission, and the second part focuses on multilingualism in the EU within the European institutions, and as a fundamental right of European citizens.
Part One: OVERVIEW ON THE MAIN EU INSTITUTIONS
- European Commission;
- European Parliament;
- Council and European Council;
- Court of Justice of the European Union.
Part Two: THE MULTILINGUISM IN THE EUROPEAN UNION
- The multilinguism within the European institutions;
- The multilinguism as a fundamental right of the European citizens (in particular, the right to write to the EU institutions in one of the languages of the Treaties and to an answer in the same language – art. 41.4 of the Charter);
- EU language policy and its objectives;
- The protection of linguistic diversity and minority languages.