Temporary Assistant Professor of English Language and Linguistics at the University of Verona
COURSES: Speaking skills for business and global affairs / English for international negotiations – The Art of Business Crisis Leadership / Electronic commerce and information technologies / Market disruption and client centricity
Sara Corrizzato received a PhD in English Linguistics from the University of Verona (2012). She published Spike Lee’s Bamboozled: A Contrastive Analysis of Compliments and Insults from English into Italian (Cambridge Scholars Publishing, 2015). She is an editorial board member of the scientific journal Iperstoria. She is currently teaching English Language and Translation at the University of Verona and she has also taught ESP at the University of Brescia for three years. Her areas of research include corpus linguistics and LSP, translation theory and audiovisual language, ELT and teacher education.
Recent publications on these topics are:
- “From the Local to the International Market: A Linguistic Analysis of Italian Agri-Food Products Promotional Discourse in the USA”, in Current Topics in Language and Literature – An International Perspective (ed. by N. Bakić-Mirić, M. Loncar-Vujnovic and M. Jakovljevic, Cambridge Scholars Publishing, 2019);
- “The “Power of Incantation”: A Linguistic Analysis of European Theme Parks’ Websites” (with V. Franceschi), in Lingue e Linguaggi 29 (2019);
- “Freeze, Miami Vice!”: sull’adattamento lingua-culturale in italiano della prima stagione della serie TV”, in Mondi e modi della traduzione (ed. by M. Dossena and S. Rosso, Ombre Corte, 2018);
- “Made in Italy Provides the American Market with Added Value. A Linguistic Analysis of Wine Websites”. Iperstoria XI (2018);
- co.editor of the special section “Specialized Discourses and ESP on the Web” with R. Facchinetti and V. Franceschi (Iperstoria X, 2017).